Saturday, November 20th, 2010 at
1. Wedding Project
2. To Do List & Client Integration
3. No Meeting 25 Nov – Thanksgiving
1. Wedding Project - We will start this project with Janet’s current domain of WeddingsToday.com and then add-on regional subdomains for states or larger cities.
2. To-Do List - Talked at length about this list, which will essentially be a capture form.
Possible options include: date required, vendor list/selected vendor, completed, cost and email connection.
Phil explained his thoughts about each of these options and got lots of chatbox inputs from Janet and Kerry.
The To-Do list will be managed through WordPress with user-specific pages for each lead – all interfacing with ALG.
3. No Meeting 25 Nov – Thanksgiving - We’ll take a week off for this, as always. Enjoy it if you celebrate it!
4. Thanks - Good meeting. Thanks for your inputs and for attending. See ya on 2 December.
Sunday, November 14th, 2010 at
1. Wedding Project
2. Site Structure
3. Niche Selection
The whole meeting entailed talking about the wedding project. Due to the volume of chat discussion, a video recording that didn’t include the actual chat material would be disjointed
and quite difficult to follow. So, no recording was made of this meeting.
1. Wedding Project - Discussed this project at length.
2. Site Structure - Briefly covered various ways to structure a site. Especially with WP MU in mind.
Covered main domain, sub-sites for niches, each site with its own look and a guide or free product that ties it all together.
3. Niche Selection - Talked a bit about the various sub-niches within the weddings niche we might want to explore. Also about the geographic areas we want to claim.
4. Thanks - Good meeting. Thanks for attending.
Friday, November 5th, 2010 at
1. Client Process
2. Keyword Research
3. WordPress SEO
4. Personal Message
1. Niche Research Tool - Phil talked about creating a targeted client list by identifying business directory listing sites and then scraping or manually entering the data onto a spreadsheet.
Next, import the spreadsheet into ALG and then email the list with a link to a video explaining our proposal and demonstrating our site’s ranking for specific niche keywords.
Went over the client email process with several screenshots.
2. Keyword Research - Didn’t cover this during this meeting.
3. WordPress SEO - Showed a series of good SEO tips for blogs and also a short list of recommended plugins.
4. Personal Message - Phil talked again how the wedding niche is a good one for many reasons and how he’s going forward with creating a Multi-User site with it.
He covered different ways we might be able to team up with him on the project. As mentioned during the last meeting, this team project is optional.
5. Thanks - Thanks for attending. Have a great weekend!